Thursday, August 4, 2011

Our First Home

Good news...
Jake and I got a house on base! 

It really could not have come at a better time because yesterday was hell and I was two seconds away from getting in the car and driving back to Logan.

Most of you know that Jake got a deep tissue contusion last week at the pool. Well he was feeling better and he's been able to walk on it pretty well...when something baaad happened. 

We went to a movie last night (our third in 5 days, so what) and he came back from the bathroom bent over in pain. His hurt leg started convulsing and he couldn't move without screaming. Well, forty-five minutes later, nothing has changed and we have to leave. After tracking down a wheel chair we got him out to the car and to the Bass Baptist Emergency Room. 

That's when things got real bad.
I have never met a more worthless and negligent hospital staff in my life!
The front desk lady was a complete... you know what I want to say.
The nurse and PA took an hour to get Jake any medicine. 
I have never been so upset. My husband is crying in pain and I'm crying with frustration and she's treating us like he bumped his funny bone. And if one more bratty southern lady calls me "honey"... ooohhh... there will be hell.

Anyway, after five freezing hours in the hospital we went home. Jake woke up hardly feeling better, so it's back to the crutches and a leg brace. But then we got a call... not just a call, a house offer! Such a blessing. I think it was Heavenly Father's way of showing that he's still looking out for us.

It's a three bedroom, one bathroom house with a garage and a laundry room. Yay! The couple living there let us look around and we couldn't be more thrilled. Anything is a step up from a basement apartment with no dishwasher, no disposal and no natural light. Man I cannot wait to have our stuff back and buy a cute little puppy! So many things to look forward to and it can only get better from here... thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers.

6 comments:

  1. That's a super bummer about Jake's leg, I hope it gets better soon. Congratulations on the new place! I'm so excited to see pictures once the two of you get settled in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a relief about the house!!! YAY!! I totally can sympathize with you on the heat! It's AWFUL! You'll hopefully get used to it:) As for the being called "honey", as ANNOYING as it is (and I DO know) that won't stop! So sorry! But I do think you have a three a week people punch out allowance, so enjoy :) And Jake's leg...oh my! Hope that gets under control soon! Sorry Jakey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I hope Jake gets feeling better soon. I can sympathize with the being called "honey." I am still not used to that! That is wonderful about the house on base. I was so excited for you when I read that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not about Jake's leg obviously...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see the new digs! Hope Jakey Boy continues to feel better! LOe you both.

    ReplyDelete

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...