I started getting them when I was three or four.
I received a brain scan when I was fifteen.
They have been the bane of my existence.
What I can't understand, is why I never seem to get them while I'm sitting home doing nothing.
I always, always get them on important trips and vacations.
I've been waiting to see The Hunger Games for over a year and Saturday was my day.
I guess the excitement was enough to mindlessly take in too much sugar and not enough protein,
because by the time we got to the theater I could feel the headache coming to destroy my lovely day.
A few hours later, I'm throwing up on the side of the highway. Lovely. When we finally get home, we open the door to find our puppy had left us all sorts of presents in the house. Jake took her outside and after he brings her in, she piddles. On our bed. Awesome. That's when I curl up in a little ball on the shower floor and wait to die.
Despite the light sensitivity and nausea, I really enjoyed The Hunger Games. We were able to see it in the nicest theater in OK, complete with gold curtains and a massive screen! I thought the film was short and sweet, capturing all of important moments and emotions of the book. There were some small things that confused me (pit bull muttations killing Thresh? two HG hosts? Haymitch's small and overly sober role?) but over all I was content and pleased. I think I'll see again today.
...honk and roll my eyes at the slow car in front of me, and realize ten seconds later that it was my housing manager who I chatted with five minutes before. So naturally I pretended like I knew it was her the whole time as I drove past her smiling and waving like an idiot. Damn my road rage.
...walk into the kitchen wearing my underwear and notice that the husband left the front door open and my neighbors are staring at me as they come outside. A small yelp escapes from my mouth and I'm forced to hit the floor, hoping they couldn't possibly see me through the glass door. Who goes on family walks this early anyway? Come on!
...go to Walmart while feeling bitter and irrational because thirty minutes later my cart is filled with a caramel chocolate egg, pudding, Fruit Loops, Toaster Strudels, ice cream sandwiches, and Gushers. My name is Courtney Kearns and I'm addicted to sugar.
Never trust hair dye that comes out of a box.
Light ash brown my asssk.
My roots are honey blonde. Ugh.
So out of grief and extreme frustration, I snuck into the Easter candy reserve and planted myself on the couch to watch Breaking Dawn: Part One. Yep. Redbox was empty, okay?
Here are some pictures from our cloudy, windy, rainy weekend.
As you can see it consisted of many many old school movies. Amazon and Hastings are getting plenty of business from us. Jake had a day off on Friday, which was rare and lovely. We enjoyed some indoor swimming, crepes, and walks around base. It should be a rather wet week here in Enid, we are already seeing buckets of rain and some possible tornado warnings. Eek! I swear everyone but me is enjoying a vacation to Hawaii, California, Wilmington or Europe. And I hate them. I hate all of you! Why can't I have any rich celebrity friends who would want to take me to Tahiti for the weekend? Adele... I know we could be great friends. Give me a call. Until then, I'll continue to live my life through Edward and Bella, who are currently enjoying a honeymoon on Island Esme. What a pair of phonies.
Things have been rather wonderful.
We've had consistent warm weather and I've made some great new friends.
Here are some things that make me happy:
Spring. I love waking up to sunshine and smelling the humid warmth in the air.
I long to spend evenings on the patio roasting marshmallows and sipping lemonade.
This weekend will most definitely be spent with a picnic and a bit of gardening.
Saturdays in The City with Jacob.
We read Hunger Games to each other as we drove
and ate bowls of comfort food at Panera. I walked slowly thru
Target trying to take in every shelf and every aisle. A perfect day.
My last days with Ray Ray.
He's been my little buddy here in Oklahoma.
I will miss him and his smiley blue eyes desperately...
Oh Ciz-ort, don't you know tags are for kids? Good thing I am the biggest kid of all...
here are the rules:
1. post these rules.
2. post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. go to their blog and tell them they've been tagged.
...My natural hair color is dark murky blonde.
...One time I gave my little sister a bloody nose over a cardboard box conflict.
...I wish I spoke with a British accent and lived in a Jane Austin book or a Downton Abbey mansion.
...Sometimes I kiss my puppy on the mouth. That's right, I'm one of those people.
...I try to plan everything. What my kids will be named. When they'll be born. The order of their birth.
...I'm terrified of my sewing machine.
...If I could relive a year of my life it would be my first year in high school. Life was so simple then.
... I wish I could spend every day at the beach drinking smoothies. Which is why I want to move to California.
...The smell of Tuna makes me gag.
...I am the queen of pranks. Fake blood, Oompa Loompa and wolf masks, toliet paper, window screeching. It gives me a high...
...Airports and politics give me anxiety attacks.
1. My all time favorite song would have to be Getting Into You by Relient K. It makes me feel mushy and youthful.
2. My five favorite celebs would have to be Emma Stone, John Krasinski, Julia Roberts, Adele, and Audrey Hepburn of course.
3. Carolyn and Bart originally wanted to name me Kelsey or Jennifer. Which is way worse than Courtney, but I still wish they would have named me something exotic and mysterious like Cosette or Isabella.
4. My least favorite chore would have to be laundry. Despite my best intentions, my clothes inevitably end up in a pile by my closet every night.
5. My least favorite celeb is Christina Aguilera. Dear X-tina. Your disgusting cleavage and dry bleached hair makes me want to scream and vomit all over my television.
7. If I could choose someone from the Jersey Shore cast to spend the day with, I would simply choose not to. But I'd lay poolside with Khloe or Kourtney Kardashian any day.
8. My most beloved childhood memory would have to be Christmas Eve's spent with family playing White Elephant, going to movies, and sleeping in the Christmas fort.
9. If I could only bring two things on a desert island they would be my husband and my puppy :)
10. Justin Bieber, or Jesse McCartney? Hmmm Jesse McCartney. Reminds me of middle school and Ally.
11. My favorite restaurant would have to be Olive Garden... breadsticks and pasta are my biggest weakness. Plus I have many good memories there, some bad ones too... but mostly good ones :) Firehouse Pizzeria is pretty good too. So is Cafe Rio... ahhh!
1. What's your favorite thing to do on a sunny day?
2. Why do you blog?
3. How do you relieve frustration/anger?
4. Describe your perfect day.
5. What is your dream vacation?
6. What is your dream job?
7. Biggest Pet Peeve?
8. All time favorite TV Show or Movie?
9. Your worst fear?
10. Have you ever stayed in the hospital overnight?
Student pilots have a tradition called the
After a student’s first flight he or she gives the pilot a
The name goes back to the county fairs of the early 1900s
when barnstormer pilots charged ‘a buck a ride’ to customers who sat up
in the front of the airplane and acted like they were doing the flying.
It's become a little more fancy.
These days you have to give the IP your dollar in the most creative way possible.
Jake took this challenge very seriously.
His instructor pilot is pretty much obsessed with the following Youtube video,
so Jake decided to be extra creative and get his fellow classmate to
perform this in the middle of their morning briefing.
His happy IP with the Dollar Ride Gift
I am beginning to wonder if this is a military program or a sorority... :)