Monday, August 23, 2010

Glamp

Hey hey silent blog followers! I don't know why I keep posting on this thing, I feel like I'm talking to myself but oh well... This weekend Jake and I went camping with the Bitners at Green Canyon, and boy did we have a blast. I was sort of nervous about finding a good spot since last time wasn't the best. So this time we walked around and found a great area with a bathroom and picnic tables, I was in love... until we discovered every good spot was taken. So we decided to make one of our own. Jake dug us the perfect fire pit and him and Spence dragged over a picnic table from another site. We set up my family's old tent which was HUGE, so we decided to share it with the Bitners. It was a lot of fun. We stayed up late playing No Peeky Leeky and then Jake rigged his iPad so we could watch a movie on the ceiling of the tent. Can you say glamping? 


Jake's family came up Saturday to move Courty into her new dorm. We had a fun time shopping and getting her all set up for her freshman year. I forget how sad it is to say goodbye to your parents when you move away! We all got choked up but I know this will be a great year for her. Can't believe school starts in a week... I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. It will be great. It will be great. I love school I love school I love school. 

7 comments:

  1. i read your blog, every single post.
    just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yayyy i *heart* comments, good to know we're still friends clydey :) lets do lunch again you two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stalk you, too:) Also, I was looking at your blog and showed Richy...and it made us sad...because we miss you guys. That's all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always comment girl! How fun to go camping with your cute friends. I have so many fond memories of the early marriage days. Now we are oldy moldies... but just as crazy about each other! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been repeating that mantra a lot the past few days. I'm just glad we're in the same dreaded class. Ugh.

    Thank goodness for Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun! Glamping is the Bomb! I heard the "college goodbye of 2010" was a little rough. Love that she has you guys there. Until you get to Oklahoma and then we get to enjoy you for a little while! TX/OK is where it's at!

    Love Jake and his Cactus Cooler

    ReplyDelete

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...