Friday, August 6, 2010

The Domans

Yesterday we went to Lava Hot Springs with our besties Ally and Isaac Doman. It was their one year anniversary! Here's a little history behind our relationship. I've been friends with Ally and Isaac since 9th grade. They are my favorite people on this earth. Whether it's a missionary leaving, my parents divorcing, or marrying my boy Jake, Ally's always there. It's been quite the ride watching her and Isaac's relationship grow and develop over the past SIX years. This couple has been through it all, and because of that, they are such an example to me. I can't believe we are now married, and for a year! I'm so glad that Isaac and Jake get along so well. It'll be exciting to see our families grow over the next several years. I know they will be close friends of ours for a lifetime. As for Lava, it was very hot and a lot of fun. We always see the most fascinating people (like massive boob lady) and run into old friends (like Cody John). It's definitely a summer must. And it's pretty cheap too! 
I also saw "Dinner for Schmucks" last night with our sister Courtney Kearns and our cousins Bryan, Melody, and McKenzie Matthews. I haven't hated a movie that much in a long time. Which is sad because I was really excited for it. It really bothers me that today's comedies have to have a bizillion comments on sex. And not just sex, vulgar specific details about sex that make me want to run for the door. It's not that I'm a prude, but when my 13 year old cousin is with us and my 13 year old brother is seeing it at home... I'm not laughing. I definitely don't want them going home wondering what a BJ is. And for that, I didn't find it funny at all. I just hate when hollywood takes one of the most intimate things in this life and exploit it. Other than that, the plot was over the top and the characters were obnoxious and fake. 

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe its been a year good for them I love high school sweet hearts its so cute.

    ReplyDelete

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...