Monday, March 26, 2012

a piece in their games


I get a bad migraine every six months.

I started getting them when I was three or four.
I received a brain scan when I was fifteen.
They have been the bane of my existence.

What I can't understand, is why I never seem to get them while I'm sitting home doing nothing.
I always, always get them on important trips and vacations.
I've been waiting to see The Hunger Games for over a year and Saturday was my day.

I guess the excitement was enough to mindlessly take in too much sugar and not enough protein,
because by the time we got to the theater I could feel the headache coming to destroy my lovely day.
A few hours later, I'm throwing up on the side of the highway. Lovely. When we finally get home, we open the door to find our puppy had left us all sorts of presents in the house. Jake took her outside and after he brings her in, she piddles. On our bed. Awesome. That's when I curl up in a little ball on the shower floor and wait to die.

Despite the light sensitivity and nausea, I really enjoyed The Hunger Games. We were able to see it in the nicest theater in OK, complete with gold curtains and a massive screen! I thought the film was short and sweet, capturing all of important moments and emotions of the book. There were some small things that confused me (pit bull muttations killing Thresh? two HG hosts? Haymitch's small and overly sober role?) but over all I was content and pleased. I think I'll see again today.

Here are some photos from our weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I loved the movie. So good! Will you send me a text with your email address? I have an Herbal Peach Iced Tea recipe with your name written all over it!

    ReplyDelete

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...