Thursday, March 22, 2012

Housewife's Lament

                                                                   Wish I didn't...
 
...honk and roll my eyes at the slow car in front of me, and realize ten seconds later that it was my housing manager who I chatted with five minutes before. So naturally I pretended like I knew it was her the whole time as I drove past her smiling and waving like an idiot. Damn my road rage.

...walk into the kitchen wearing my underwear and notice that the husband left the front door open and my neighbors are staring at me as they come outside. A small yelp escapes from my mouth and I'm forced to hit the floor, hoping they couldn't possibly see me through the glass door. Who goes on family walks this early anyway? Come on!

...go to Walmart while feeling bitter and irrational because thirty minutes later my cart is filled with a caramel chocolate egg, pudding, Fruit Loops, Toaster Strudels, ice cream sandwiches, and Gushers. My name is Courtney Kearns and I'm addicted to sugar.


4 comments:

  1. Oh honey. Sounds like you've had some oops's! I especially like the road rage story. I can so see you doing that! Today is a new day tho. Be positive with it and reward yourself at the end of it with a few chocolate eggs! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, loved this post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I totally know the feeling. I live in a smallish town, so I have to be careful of my road rage. And sometimes the blinds get left open...woops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post was a great way to start my morning. The picture made me laugh so hard. I did the same road rage thing, but I flipped our neighbors off... then we pulled into our parking spots right next to eachother.

    ReplyDelete

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...