Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Momma's Shepherds Pie


My mom makes a wicked "Shepards" Pie. 
I've found that hers is very different than the rest.
There's no gravy.
No frozen veggies. 
Just a lot of goodness in a casserole dish. 
It was one of my favorite meals growing up, so I'm sharing it with you!

Hey mom, what's a Shepard? A retarded sheep?
So first you brown up a pound of lean ground beef. Momma uses lots of Lawry's. LOTS.
Spread it in a casserole dish and put some green beans on top. We like this flavor.
Spread it around and pour a can of tomato soup, Campbell's preferably. It just tastes better.
Squirt some ketchup on top of that, lots of it. Because it makes everything better.
Then some mashed potatoes. Mmmm. My mom uses the flakes but I prefer the real stuff.
Cover and bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes. Sprinkle a generous amount of cheese on top then stick it back in for five minutes.
Season with salt and pepper and enjoy your warm and comforting meal. 
So easy. So delicious.
Get some girl. 
Put it in your belly.
Thank me later.

4 comments:

  1. I love shepherd's pie. My family seldom makes it but when they do it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Court, this just made your Momma happy. I love that you have these kinds of memories. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Court, this just made your Momma happy. I love that you have these kinds of memories. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Court! Keep posting your mama's recipes......they are so easy to follow with your handy dandy photos!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...