Thursday, March 29, 2012

DIY Mercury Lamp


Yet another craft...

 Their Version  $269.00                                                My Version $30.00
What You'll Need:

1.Krylon Looking Glass Spray Paint. (I got mine at Hobby Lobby)
2. A spray bottle full of water.
3. A glass lamp, vase, votive... etc.

I've been wanting to try this out for a while. 
I went to Walmart and bought a lamp and a shade,
you could also thrift it just as easy, for much cheaper.
then I brought it home, sprayed it with water and, while it's wet, 
sprayed it with The Looking Glass paint. 
You will have some drippings so dab it up with a paper towel and let it dry. 
Keep adding layers of paint till you get the Mercury look you want. 
(I added a lot after I took the picture above.)
If you put too much on, or want a bigger effect, 
randomly dab a cotton ball soaked in rubbing alcohol on your lamp.

4 comments:

  1. Classy! I love the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that! Maybe it would work on the lamp in our bedroom....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done C-bass. Love it! I need to start crafting more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you spray the inside or the outside of the lamp?

    ReplyDelete

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...