Monday, September 12, 2011

tragedy

Jake and I spent our weekend watching The Kennedys on Netflix.
It is a very interesting show. We are learning a lot about this crazy couple.
(assuming everything about this show is based on truth..)

Things like:
Bobby Kennedy should have been President.
John Kennedy was not the great husband I thought he was. Poor Jackie.
His parents were nuts.

After watching this American tragedy unfold, we turned on the TV and watched another.
I was really young and naive when 9/11 happened. I hardly understood the magnitude of the attack. Watching all the coverage last night was almost like watching it for the first time. It's just as shocking.
It breaks my heart that so many families were destroyed because of such evil.

 On a lighter note... I fly home in a week!
Jake starts IFS (Flight Screening) on the 21st and I'm going back home to spend those few weeks with my family and friends. I know I haven't been away for long but I am so, soo excited.

1 comment:

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...