Friday, September 2, 2011

Luca Spaghetti


Today while unpacking I put in Eat, Pray, Love.
Which naturally made me crave Italian.
So I had it for Lunch and Dinner.

I've been trying to perfect the art of spaghetti for a while now.
I loved my mom's sauce growing up. Jake loved his mom's sauce growing up.
So I've been trying to make mine with the best of both.
Tonight I think it worked.

What I used:

Olive Oil
Chopped Garlic
Lean Ground Beef
(a little Balsamic Vinegar...)
Basil, Oregano, and Onion
Four Cheese Bertolli Tomato Sauce
Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Oregano, Garlic
and Mom's secret ingredient... Tomato Soup!

First I heat some Olive Oil on the stove and throw in some chopped garlic and let it get nice and golden! Then I add the ground beef and brown it, a lot. Momma Kearns says that the only way to get flavor out of your ground beef is to practically burn it. I season it with Lawry's, pepper, basil, oregano, and onion powder. Once it gets nice and brown I add the diced tomatoes, including the juice in the can. I let it simmer until the juice has been absorbed and it's nice and thick. Then I add the Spaghetti Sauce. I let that simmer until its thick then I add half a can tomato soup! YUM. Serve it up with some of Walmart's Garlic Parm French Bread, lightly toasted with butter and melted cheese.

 Tonight we had the Directv man over to set up our dish.
You could tell he had a rough day. It was six o'clock and he hadn't had a break.
So I packaged up some of that spaghetti and gave him some on his way out.
After he left, he gave us a call to let me know it was the 
"best damn spaghetti he's ever had." 
The rest of the night I had a smile on from ear to ear :)

3 comments:

  1. i want to eat this... all day every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thought our "Secret Ingredient" was secret!! Your becoming quite the little chef!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAH! woot woot. That's dang funny. love ya Nort!!!! -al

    ReplyDelete

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...