Thursday, August 30, 2012

Ten Things


Ten Things (I bet you didn't know) About Jake and Courtney:

1. Jake sleep talks. A lot. One time he dreamt a baby bird had flown into our bed, so he woke up in a crazy rage and killed it. Only there was no baby bird, just a freaked out wife and a clump of sheets...

2. I'm an awful gardener. I blame my mom for this one (sorry mom but you didn't teach me!) or the Okie heat. My herbs are the only plant that survived the summer season. I bought seven. All dead. Sigh.

3. If Jake had his way he would keep the housing at a chilly 68 degrees all day. He loves having the house freezing. It's probably all of those years spent in Utah.

4. I'm a sugar freak. It's a problem. Sugar cereal, Mike and Ikes, baked goods...I'm like a little kid who can't stop. And I think that's why I get migraines. and acne. Well that and stress.

5. Jake hates hot pancakes and hot syrup. He puts his pancakes in the freezer until they're cold enough for his liking. Then he spreads peanut butter on top.

6. I tend to leave things open. Like cabinets, or the gallon of milk in our fridge. Jake and I had many "discussions" about the toothpaste cap when we first got married. So I started buying the kind that has it connected.

7. Jake claps when he's passionate about something. Like when he thinks something's really funny. Or when BYU is about to take the field. It's loud and obnoxious.

8. I am an impatient driver. If you slam on your brakes BEFORE you get in the turning lane... you bother me. If you take two hours to turn at a green light... you bother me. I'm getting bothered even thinking about it.

9. Jake chooses to set his alarm HOURS before he has to get up (I think this is a Kearns thing) He loves waking up and knowing he still has an hour or two to sleep. It seriously stresses me out. Once the second or third snooze goes off I'm wide awake worrying that he's going to be late if he doesn't get out of bed. So now he goes into the extra bedroom after the first alarm to carry out his illogical snoozing.

10. I'm very judgmental when it comes to eyebrows. Dear world of women... stop over-plucking. Go easy with those tweezies. Let them face hairs grow. And I promise it's okay to trim your eyebrows and please pleeease fill them in with pencil with shadow, no one's brows are perfect.

4 comments:

  1. favorite blog. laughed out loud! Oh, and p.s. Didn't know I had to "teach" you to water plants. Next time you come for a visit I'll show you how to fill a cup with water and pour it in the dirt. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this so much... i think you should make this a monthly thing. it makes me feel like i'm hanging out with you. also, i set my alarm for 5:00 when my class doesn't start until 7:30, and i get out of bed at 6:45... totally a kearns thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping you would mention the bird story! I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen about the eyebrows! I've felt this way for years. haha!

    ReplyDelete

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...