Wednesday, August 15, 2012

How To Be Fabulous.



A letter to myself...

How to be Fabulous: 

Get up early. Go on a walk in the morning light. Bra-less and without makeup... nothing is quite as peaceful.

Try new things! Eat fresh foods and smoothies. Take time and pleasure in your meals and be creative. Oh, and remember to drink lots and LOTS of water.

Keep a journal, read, and be inspired. You'll be shocked by the things you teach yourself just by writing down your thoughts. Or sketching out your dreams. I sometimes flip back the pages to a year or two before to see how much I've grown. The younger and more dramatic Courtney is rather entertaining.

Exercise and clean to upbeat music. The time will fly by and before you know it, you've lost a few hundred calories and finished all the dishes while dancing. This is my new favorite workout song....
and this...

Take the time to make yourself pretty. Not for anyone else but you. Putting in that extra five minutes to curl my hair and apply eyeshadow boosts your self confidence tenfold. Besides, your husband deserves to see the premarriage face every once in a while! My favorite beauty website is....

Indulge in at least one melodramatic, ridiculous television show a week. Not only is it entertaining but it makes you feel better about your quiet and mellow lifestyle. Some of my favorites are Vampire Diaries, Gossip Girl, Downton Abbey, and Bachelor Pad. To name a few. Don't judge me.

Plan things to do with new friends. I don't care if your single, married and childless (hollah at me one time) or married with five children. You need time with your friends! Set up a play date or book club. Plan a dinner group or game night! It gives you things to look forward to.

Meditate before bed. This is something I always seem to forget. Stretching before I sleep instantly relaxes and takes away all worries. It also keeps one from feeling stiff and sore the next day. I also play "brown noise" on loop while I sleep, it keeps me from thinking about all of the things I didn't do that day and blocks out those loud airplanes and early to work husbands.

Read this whenever you're feeling down and unmotivated!
(photo via )

6 comments:

  1. Love these thoughts. Currently lacking the application of them, but I love them nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, love you. I want to steal all of these for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're wonderful. I adore you. Let's be friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I concur to all of the above and add scriptures, prayer and a visit to the temple....work wonders on the soul!

    ReplyDelete

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...