Thursday, January 19, 2012

harmonic heaven

What a night.
Jake got home around 5:30pm... 
I whisked him away and forced him in the car.
(poor guy was stressed out of his mind, 15 days of hell starts today)
I drove us to Tulsa, in the nick of time. 
He stayed in the car to study a bit longer and I ran inside Cain's Ballroom.
I barely caught The Staves performance, and it changed my world!
These three sisters have the most haunting harmonies and their sound is so... effortless.
I want to be one of them. British. Beautiful long hair. Perfect style. 
Jake joined me for the main event and naturally John and Joy did not disappoint. 
  
My new favorite songs from the evening... get ready to unwind.




We left around 10:30 and stormed the gate at approx 12:00 am. 
Was it worth worsening the cold and waking up with a killer concert hangover?

Indeed. 

P/S Maizey did wonderfully in surgery.
She bounced back like she always does. I hope to pick her up sometime today :)

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of The Staves before but I'm loving that song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you made it and really enjoyed it!
    Also so glad about Maize! She is a tough girl. Proud of her!

    ReplyDelete

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...