Monday, January 9, 2012

Biscuits and Gravy


If you've ever spent time at the Kearns house you know
what an amazing cook Nancy Kearns is.
I think this is her most popular dish. 
Jake has been begging me to make this for him since we moved. 
Actually he's been begging me for the last two years of marriage.
So over the holidays I had the opportunity to learn from the master.
Naturally I decided to share it with all of you lucky people.
This is how you make...
Nancy's Famous Biscuits and Gravy!


 Grab yourself a pound of Jimmy Dean Sausage and brown it up.
(Nancy's rule, to get the most flavor from your sausage or ground beef, brown it until its nice and golden looking. Almost burnt... but not.)
 Then add a stick of butter...
 about a half cup of oil...
 let the sausage soak up the flavor then take it out.
 Add a heaping spoonful of Bouillon to your oil, butter, and sausage leftovers
 (this is what Nancy uses)
 Mix that up and add a cup of flour
 Scrape all of the sausage goodies from the bottom of the pan and mix them it all together.
 put in the left over oil/butter that drained from the sausage
stir some milk in... keep going until the consistency is to your liking.
(it should be nice and creamy when your done)
 Put the sausage back in...
 and Voila! you have a delicious gravy!
Pour it over some Pillsbury Grand Biscuits
and serve them to a verrrry happy husband.

Enjoy your best breakfast ever!

4 comments:

  1. I am do glad you put this up! This will be my Saturday cooking for sure. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed! All I use is the dollar bag of Pioneer Brand gravy Mix; sausage flavor...just add hot water. Maybe when I get a bigger kitchen I'll tackle some of these more complex concoctions.... till then, Isaac gets breakfast out of a bag, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Love this, and that Mamma Kearns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. delish! OH MY Sexual Predator half stash hubs! Where did you find this guy again?? :)

    ReplyDelete

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...