Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Reba



Remember that little gelato place I told you about?
Well we went again. This time we took Rockin Red Reba.
We fit right in with the locals...it was amazing. 
I'll definitely be back for the pear and rhubarb
...and maybe tomorrow for the peach. 

Eleven years ago I was in an early morning piano class,
when my mom rushed in and broke the news to my teacher and I.
Our country was under attack. I sat in shock and awe that something like this 
could happen. Watching the attacks happen on tv seemed like some cruel joke.
It was unbelievable.
 At thirteen years old, I thought the world revolved around me
and my boy problems. That day, everything changed. 
I'm grateful for the firemen, policemen and soldiers
that fight every day to protect our freedom and safety,
and for the loved ones who stand beside them.


2 comments:

  1. Love this post! Let's get in rockin red Reba again sometime soon! Also the ending was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We go there...maybe a little too often. Excited for the cooler weather because biking down there makes me feel less guilty about eating all that delicious gelato!

    ReplyDelete

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...