Sunday, February 12, 2012

peace, be still

"True silence is the rest of the mind; it is to the spirit what sleep is to the body, nourishment and refreshment."

Another weekend is nearly gone and it was full of surprises.

Jake's brother Ben came on Friday which forced me to clean the house, it was a lovely thing to behold. Mr. Kearns even cleaned the bathroom. We should probably do that more often.

The boys spent their time playing Modern Warfare and watching Big Bang Theory. Jake loved being able to tour the base with his brother who came here for pilot training two years ago. I think brother Ben showed him that there is life after phase two, which has become less visible the last couple of weeks.

The weather is taking a turn for the worse and it's making me feel like I'm in Idaho again. Coldest wind I've ever felt and it will most likely snow tonight. Yuck. Let's bring back that June-uary weather from last month pretty please...

I got to babysit our neighbor Cora yesterday. We watched Peter Pan, made sugar cookies and ate Mac and Cheese. I love when the child inside me gets to come out.  I could watch Disney movies all day and night.

After I put Cora down for a nap, there was this blissful 45 minutes of silence. No television. No computer, just me and the dogs resting on the couch. I thought to myself, Why haven't I done this before? Why can't I just sit and think for an hour instead of constantly having the television on to muddy up my mind? No wonder I can't focus or think straight! Silence is completely underrated. I think I'll make it a goal to include quiet hour into my daily routine.

And now we close this week with a class full of four-year-olds and frosted animal cookies. Where the answer to every question is Jesus. Unless your Trenna, who answered the question 'Who is mother of Jesus?' with "A Horse!" These kids make me very happy. They remind me what life is really about... having twenty-five kids and living in Disney World.

P/S Season Two finale of Downton Abbey is tonight people. That went way too fast. Oh well, at least Walking Dead is back.     What? You don't watch either you say? GET NETFLIX PEOPLE!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Court! Congrats on going to Cosmetology School! you will be excellent! And your house looks darling! Love ya tons!

    ReplyDelete

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...