Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Flying Solo


 This is my husband. He's a jet pilot. He flies jets. By himself.
 These are his classmates. They think he's pretty cool too.
 This is his wife. She thinks his jet flying is pretty sexy...
 A congratulatory handshake.
 Damnnn boy!
 He's a happy fella.
 It's tradition to dunk fellow classmates after they complete their solo. 
(lucky for Jake it was seventy degrees today)
 His horrible wife only caught the splash. But let me assure you. The boy got some air.
 Oh he's mad...
and he'll get you.
I'm so proud of him. Seriously. He's worked so hard for this. 
There is a ways to go before he graduates from this plane in June, 
but I know he'll only continue to progress.
Because he's amazing.
Love you Maverick!

Next up: Instrument Flying. Which is learning to fly
 using your instruments only, instead of sight.

6 comments:

  1. I'm a proud pilot's wife too :) my husband just got his instrument rating last summer. Exciting stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahaha "damnnnn boy!" i cracked up. i miss you two cuties! tell jake congrats! and make sure he sings jason derulo wherever he goes... and tell the air force they should make that their next tradition...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome blog! Loved the pics and am so proud to have a pilot for a son in low and a pilots beautiful, supportive, funny sweet wife for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting!!!! Wow. I could not be more proud of him. That's huge. Loved the pics. Loved the dialogue. Loved it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe this. It seems like yesterday that the only flying he was doing was over water and into concrete barriers. Gosh we miss you guys! Fly out here and visit us. Now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dammmm boy is right! Can I, I mean Brady, ummm borrow Jake's ummm uniform?!!!? Ha ha ha...seriously tho.

    ReplyDelete

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...