Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Hoopla


I'm obsessed with embroidery hoop art. 
It's just so easy! And the possibilities are endless. 
After using it in my living room and loving it, 
I wanted to do it somewhere else. 
So then I thought... uhh why not use it to hang my blasted earrings?


1. Get yourself some lace or meshy fabric to hang your dangle earrings and put some sturdy weaved fabric behind it for the posts.

2. Buy a embroidery hoop, the size of your choice, at any craft and fabric store. I got mine at Hobby Lobby for around a dollar each.

3. Trace your hoop on the fabric, cut it out leaving about 1/2 inch around the circle. Put some tacky glue on the inside of your hoops to hold the fabric in place, I found this out the hard way. Put both parts of the hoop together and pull the fabric tight! Trim the excess fabric once the glue has dried. Tighten the knob to secure it even more.

*You can loosen and tighten the hoop by twisting the thingy on top.
That's right. It is called the thingy.

After I was done, I hung it up on my wall right next my new, classy, full length mirror.
I think I will add a couple more to the mix and make an earring hanging collage! 

3 comments:

  1. What is up with your new banner? You look like an ad for Anthropologie! Seriously!

    I love the earring holder. It's so cute and classy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across the picture you pinned of this, and them immediately fell in love with your blog! I'm excited to be a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love embroidery hoop art also!
    My boyfriend's sister-in-law does some pretty cute stuff with a hoop and some felt! http://thejujubee.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-07-12T16%3A50%3A00-07%3A00&max-results=7

    p.s. your blog is way too cute.

    ReplyDelete

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...