Friday, February 17, 2012

Dear Teenage Me

The other day Jake and I went and saw The Vow. (I know, I have a fantastic husband.) We found it rather fascinating that someone could actually lose years of memory after a brain injury like that. So on the way home we discussed where we would be if we lost five years of memory. I would be eighteen in my last year of high school and Jake would be twenty right in the middle of his mission. It was bizarre to me how much my life has changed since then. It does not seem like five years ago! So then I thought, what would I tell my teenage self...

Dear eighteen-year-old me:


First of all... put down the tweezers. Thick eyebrows are awesome.
Now that we got that out of the way, I just have to tell you how extremely spoiled you are. Wow.
Milk that for all it's worth. Because soon you will be poor. Happy... but poor.
Stay away from the boy with skinny jeans and bracelets... not worth the drama.
Your friends are pretty great too, stop fighting with them over stupid things like boys.
Cherish the time you spend with your family. Having them under one roof is amaaazing.
Don't color your hair and stop shopping at American Eagle and Abercrombie. Not worth the money.
Utah State will be great. Don't worry about living alone, you're going to meet some lovely people.
Oh, and learn to sew and handle money. It will be extremely useful.

Sincerly,
Married and Ten Pounds Bigger Courtney :)

6 comments:

  1. you tunny! and QUIT with the ten pounds bigger crap.
    hugs and loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I love this post, perspective is such a fickle friend. We are down to hours now. I literally board an Oklahoma-bound plane in less than five hours! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your teenage self so much and yet I love your thick browed, still skinny married, wiser self even more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's baby Courtney! You look like such a kid in the picture, which makes sense because you kind of were. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the boy with skinny jeans and bracelets. . .I remember the beginning of that drama on our Expressions trip! That does seem like a long time ago. . .I think this is a great idea for a post. Maybe I'll do something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post Court! You are always so creative with your blog!

    ReplyDelete

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...