Friday, June 7, 2013

Gender Reveal


So now you know Jake and I have been keeping a pretty big secret for the bast few months (which is pretty easy to do when you're marooned on a tiny Air Force base for the duration of your pregnancy). While we were there, we decided it would be worth waiting until we saw our families in June to share the news, and finally the time came!

We found a lovely place in Rexburg that would let me do the gender check earlier than usual (since Jake would be gone the rest of the month). I thought it was a boy from the beginning but I was nervous, since it was a bit early, that we wouldn't know for sure. When she revealed to us that indeed it was a little man, I could have jumped out of my body I was so beyond thrilled. Instead of running around town spreading the news, we decided to throw a party (I mean it's me we're talking about) and reveal it to our family that night. After buying seventeen cans of blue silly string, we had them guess the gender and line up girls vs. boys to find out the truth. It was such a fun night and I'm so grateful that we were able to share it with the ones we love and at the place we were married.


The "boy" group
 The "girl" group
 It's a boy!











No comments:

Post a Comment

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...