Saturday, August 3, 2013

Roma, Vatican City



I always imagined Europe with my husband like an old black and white film. You know, Audrey and Gregory riding through Rome on mopeds, the wind blowing through her hair in a long flowy skirt...
Instead what we got was me waddling up the metro stairs with my elephant feet while my husband giggles with my baby brother. STILL it was amazing. Italy, no matter what the temperature, is breathtaking and inspiring. The fact that we traveled all around Rome with ten Americans without getting lost or mugged made the trip a success.

Our day at the Vatican was especially exciting. It was soo busy! Luckily we bought our tickets before hand so we didn't have to wait in line. However, the museum has no A/C and each room was crammed with people. After an hour of it all, I felt the dizziness kick in and collapsed in a corner so I wouldn't pass out. Afterwards we grabbed some lunch and ventured on to St Peters. If you ever go, make sure you're wearing sleeves and a long skirt. Also... be careful about cutting in line. It took us Mormon girls three attempts and a lot of creativity to get through the modesty police. At one point I'm pretty sure we had a security guard telling us he was going to call the police. Somehow we got through and climbed to the very top of the basilica. The day was exhausting but so incredible and the pasta and pizza make every step worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...