Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Transition



Greetings from California.

Tonight I won't be posting about Europe or my pregnancy, Shocking...
We've been here off and on about a month now
and at this point I always get verrrry overwhelmed. 
The excitement from "the move" wears off and reality sets in. 
I remember doing this same thing when we got to Oklahoma. 
After weeks of unpacking and settling in you look around and think, 
wow... I'm really here to stay. 
And as much as I love my husband, I start to miss my family and friends.
Meeting people in a new place isn't the easiest. It's the scariest part. 

It's stupid really, because I distinctly remember dreaming of this time, 
my family and I in our home in California... 
but now that it's here all I can think about is the money Air Force owes us 
and the painting that needs to be done before I can start on the nursery
and the fact that we have one car and big utility payments ahead and 
 then the dull aching in my body reminds me that 
our baby could be here in 2.5 MONTHS. 
By now my anxiety capacity has reached it's breaking point. 

The grown up me needs to learn how to deal with this time responsibly 
instead of laying on the couch with ten pillows
watching old Grey's episodes over, and over, and over... 
So this is me, trying to deal with it through writing. 
Powers that be, please calm my nervous heart and give me the mental
stability to enjoy this time of transition. 
There's so many exciting things ahead and although it doesn't feel like it
I will be ready.
Right?
Lets hope so. 

4 comments:

  1. Court! Holy crap i love you. I hate reading this and feeling helpless in knowing how to help make things better for you. Not being able to jump through this screen and make you put your feet up while I paint and organize and distract you from your discomfort and worries. Life can unbearably hard. Proud of your strength. You have more than you realize. You have taught me strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Ally. I wish I could come help you so your worries could somewhat go away :) I haven't moved from Idaho Falls yet, but when I do I know who to talk to. You have been to many places away from home. You seem so put together. You will make friends fast, I know you will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sweetie. I wish i could say something to help you feel better, but Ally said it perfectly. Just put one foot in front of the other, and yes. Enjoy each moment of this time in your life. Before you know it, it will be gone and you'll wish for a do-over. I'm just a short plane ride away if you need me! I'll always move mountains to be there for you.

    ReplyDelete

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...