Sunday, April 21, 2013

Wichita Wildlife Refuge











What a crazy week! 
We were on our way up to Wichita Wildlife Refuge
for a little camping trip when we heard about the Boston Bombing. 
When we reached our campground, we went out and sat by the lake, 
reading and reflecting on the world around us. 
It's shocking what we as humans are capable of. 

After spending time there without all of the fuss of the world
it made me want to run off to some remote location in the mountains
and live off the land, no distractions, just us. 
Would you do it? If the world got bad enough?
Let's create our own "village" shall we?

1 comment:

  1. I've thought about that as well and the answer is yes. I would totally do it. Of course, the far away, simple place I'd prefer setting up camp in would be the hills of Tuscany. I'd love to have you join me in my "village" but I'm sure you'd rather pick the remote mountains of Kansas than livin' with Momma again. Until then, we'll continue living the fuss of the real world.

    ReplyDelete

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...