Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Day We Met.



Five years ago today I went to a bonfire to see a friend sing (she's the pretty blonde on the right). I remember hoping to see my secret crush Jon Kidd but instead I met Jake Kearns, the man I would one day marry (they have the same initials, which is ironic). I didn't think a whole lot of it. I remember he told me he was from Draper and he had a sister named Courtney. I moved on, looking for my crush and then, out of nowhere, the boy I just met got up to sing. Jaw dropped. Heart fluttered. Okay... I see you now! (Jon who?)

After that night, I couldn't get that boy out of my head. I saw him at various school events throughout the week but never approached him. Later I found out he'd be my neighbor the following year. I kept a sliver of hope all summer that something would happen. When I finally moved in, I walked up to him and guess what happened? Nothing! He didn't remember me! How disappointing. So I decided to play it cool. Let him come to me. Didn't work. In fact, it back fired and he became interested in a friend of mine instead! Oh, I was mad. Forget him! I mean the guy loves country music. Not my type anyway. So I was myself from then on. Told myself I did not care, and of course, that's when the magic happened.

Fast forward five years and we're college graduates, moving to California, and still madly in love!

(Our year of dating...)

I wonder what the next five years will bring!

3 comments:

  1. That's a great story! I didn't know all of those details. Pretty sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable. Babies! Next five years, please bring lots of babies to the Kearns, thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...