Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Take me back, Tuesday.


(taken by this little lady right before we left for OK)

Sometimes I long so much for the "good old days."
You know, the poor college days.
Those times where you were completely broke and yet blissfully happy. 

Riding my bike to Smiths in the Summertime... 
Walking down to Shaffers bakery on Saturday mornings. 
Visiting family on the weekends. Camping in Green Canyon.
Man, we had it good!  

Whenever I get stuck in these nostalgic ruts, Jake always is the first to remind me that at the time... we hated it. I could not wait to graduate and get out of that tiny apartment. And I'm sure, a couple years from now, I'll look back at our time here in Oklahoma with watery eyes and a soft heart. At least I hope I will. Until that day comes, I will continue to repeat this in my head...


We shouldn’t wait to be happy until we reach some future point, only to discover that happiness was already available—all the time! Life is not meant to be appreciated only in retrospect. “This is the day which the Lord hath made … ,” the Psalmist wrote. “Rejoice and be glad in it.”6
Brothers and sisters, no matter our circumstances, no matter our challenges or trials, there is something in each day to embrace and cherish. There is something in each day that can bring gratitude and joy if only we will see and appreciate it.
Dieter F Uchtdorf, "Of Regrets and Resolutions" Oct 2012

4 comments:

  1. Needed to read this today... just had a grueling hour long conversation with my Shakespeare teacher about my resume and about how I need to think about an internship. I CAN'T WAIT TO GRADUATE... wasn't that what I was supposed to glean from this post? :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i completely agree. i keep trying to remember to enjoy the "single" time i'm having and how i can be poor and selfish and it's fine. i know that being married and poor will be much harder, although that sounds pretty great to me. haha. love reading your cute posts Court!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wise, young lady you are. And this is oh, so true. Thanks for the reminder. I love you!

    ReplyDelete

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...