Tuesday, October 9, 2012

what comfort this sweet sentence gives


Did you watch conference this weekend?
I did. 
Well I tried. 

This particular talk stood out to me. 
Probably because this man speaks with such passion and emotion
that I can't help but pay attention. 

"To those who have were once with us but have retreated, preferring to pick and choose a few cultural hors d'oeuvres from the smorgasbord of the Restoration and leave the rest of the feast, I say you face a lot of long nights and empty nets. The call is to come back, stay true, love God, and lend a hand. I include in that call to fixed faithfulness every returned missionary who ever stood in a baptismal font and with arm to the square said, "Having been commissioned of Jesus Christ." That commission was to have changed your convert forever, but it was to have changed you forever as well." Jeffrey R Holland

"God is never hidden, but sometimes we are, covered by a pavilion of motivations that draw us away from God and make Him seem distant and inaccessible. Our own desires, rather than the feeling of "Thy will be done, " create the feeling of a pavilion blocking God. God is not unable to see us or communicate with us, but we may be unwilling to listen to His will and time."  President Henry B Eyring

Whether you are Mormon or not, these men have inspiring messages that can uplift and inspire.
If you are interested in listening to their individual talks,  or reading more about the Mormon church, click HERE.
Last time I was home, I stole a copy of my mom's CD that she recorded for my late Grandpa Olsen.
Her voice pretty much brings me to tears as I recall countless hours of hearing her songs fill our home. She is truly talented.
Here is one of my favorite songs, sung by her, forgive me if I start posting these once a week.








5 comments:

  1. LOVED Elder Holland's talk. also--- I am stealing this song. crying already. I'm officially obsessed. Thanks!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Courtney. This means so much. I had NO IDEA that bringing music into our home had this kind of an impact on you girls. I sure love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And please feel free to post more songs, post them everyday if you so desire...love.it.!!! And yes, Elder Holland is the best!! Is it silly I get butterflies when he stands up to start? I just know something powerful is coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Thanks for this. I was seriously moved by Elder Hollands talk too, he just reaches deep into your soul and leaves you feeling so uplifted and motivated to be better. Nothing like it! Truly. I thought as I was listening to his talk, that I wish people all over the world would tune in just to hear him speak. You can not help but feel the spirit so strong when he speaks. It brought back memories hearing your mom singing again. Talented, that one!!!

    ReplyDelete

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...