Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Twenty-four



So I like to plan parties.
Even my own birthday party.
and I think it turned out really well! 
I am truly blessed to have such great friends.
And a great husband who puts up with me :) 

I was reading this blog earlier, and I think she took the words right out of my soul.

"I am a deeply blessed woman. As I begin my (twenty-fourth) year I am feeling much more reflective and quiet. I feel life speeding up and the risk of missing it crouching at my door. I long to be an authentic woman who shares her heart freely and simply and above all I want to trust God. I am so weary of simply trying to please Him - I want to live into the freedom that is trusting Him."

Twenty-three was a tough year for me! 
Probably the toughest thus far. 
Moving away from home was very difficult
and having a husband in pilot training? Even more so...
But it made me stronger, more experienced,
 and I fully intend to use the insight I gained
to build a brighter and more accomplished Courtney.
I'm sick of thinking about my dreams.
I'm ready to live them.


6 comments:

  1. your pictures turned out perfect! loved your birthday party-everything looked so lovely. that quote from a bit of sunshine is beautiful-just how i feel too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww looks like you had a great time!!! I hope you have a wonderful, wonderful upcoming year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey I'm so proud of you and love you so dang much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. not sure what jake is doing with his hand in the photo booth....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish we were there! Miss you guys!! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like it was a great Birthday~ Love it. Did I spy some chocolate sheet cake on the cake stand? Love you.

    ReplyDelete

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...