Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Camping in the Snow.

Long time no blog. So last weekend my besties Ally and Isaac came to Logan for a weekend of fun! We were determined to go camping even though we knew it was likely to rain. We drove out to Green Canyon and found a cute little campsite. Jake and I set up our little two man while the Domans set up their large and in charge six man mansion. Things were looking pretty good weather wise, a little sprinkle here and there but we were able to play some mattress nertz and it stopped! We had dinner and roasted a couple mallows (Jake singed his hair and eyelashes in the fire) and then we got some wind, we could tell a storm was comin. We put everything away and went in the mansion. And then.... it happened. pure chaotic rain. for hours. Jake and I decided to retire to our shack of a tent and of course, I needed to use the ladies room. Problem was that there was no ladies room. So I bundle up and with Jake holding an umbrella over my head and TP in between his legs, I attempted to pee. It was definitely not my proudest moment. We then attempted to sleep. It was freezing and the rain was so loud! We were also woken up by the loudest rock slide at about 5 AM. I thought we were goners. Morning finally came and the rain had decided to cool its jets. Jake went to make the fire and realized we forgot a key ingredient to our breakfast... syrup. So he left us there stranded. And then... it started to SNOW. It was awesome. Two hours later Jake made it back and he FORGOT THE SYRUP! But we stayed and made it home somehow. With the rain, with the snow, and with the hail. Twas the most miserable night. I will never go camping again unless the weather is perfect. But never the less we had an adventous weekend with our friends and I am so so happy they came.
Jake and his burnt off hairs
The Domans

See ya!

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of the great Camping adventure of 2007. I think I like camping when there are pedicures and room service involved.

    I bought something pretty at Anthropologie yesterday and thought of you...made me smile

    ReplyDelete

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...