Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Graham's Hospital Pictures



Now that the madness is over, I can look back at our time at the hospital with so much gratitude. I gained a lot of respect for the nurses of the world. Especially when they're emptying your pee bag at four in the morning and giving you Morphine. I felt so much peace our last night there. Jake and I got to have some special time as a family and my mom and I bonded as she helped me breastfeed while half asleep. I'm thinking about hiring someone to bring me breakfast in bed. There really isn't anything greater than eating steamy hot oatmeal and chilled apple juice with unlimited crushed ice that I had no part in making. Until next time Mother Baby!

I can't believe how much he's changed in a week. I'm even more surprised about how much I've changed. The love I have for this boy is simply ridiculous. It makes me cry constantly and it makes Jake jump out of bed whenever he hears a cough or a hiccup. Oh how I wish we lived closer to family and friends so we could share with them our little piece of heaven. I miss home and my mom and I'm a little terrified for Jake to go back to work next week. So if anyone wants to come visit me... do not hesitate!

5 comments:

  1. You don't know me, jake and I grew up in the same ward, so sorry if this is weird. But you are stunning. Motherhood looks good on you. Graham is beautiful and I'm so happy he is here happy and healthy. I have a ten month old who is also named Graham so your little guy must be a stud! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mallory you are so sweet and your family is adorable. I love that your son's name is Graham! Thank you for your comment.

      Delete
  2. I want to come visit! I seriously can't believe he is here. Your birth story is nuts, Court. You are such a rock-star! Keep resting up and soak up every moment. Before you know it they are running around! Love you Kearnsies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. you aren't supposed to look that good right after you've had a baby. It's the new mama glow! And it suits you very well, pretty lady.

    ReplyDelete

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...