Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Lately.

Although I'm grateful for the 63 DEGREE WEATHER we had today, I wish I was on a beach... in Hawaii... sipping a Strawberry Pina Colada.

At least I'm not in the middle of Finals Week. Yuck. A year ago I was near tears over my Survey of Western Theatre final. I have no idea how I passed that class.

I guess eating taco soup and watch new girl will have to do till now...

I want to buy a sparkly headband and cut bangs.

Maybe I should stop beginning my sentences with I...

So instead I'll tell you how Jake is doing! I should do that more often.

Well, he's doing great. He's in phase one of pilot training also known as "academics." It doesn't last long, but it's nice and not super stressful for him. He's passed all of his tests so far, and to pass you have to score higher than 85 percent. Pretty intense. If you fail more than three you get kicked out of the program... eek. He has a fantastic class who studies with him and an awesome classmate, Will, who takes him to class in the mornings so I can sleep in :) Him and his family have become great friends and neighbors. Today he brought Jake and I over Dr Pepper... how nice is that? They also have the 5 mo old Labradoodle who has become Mazzle's best friend. You've seen her before in pictures.

After we get back from Christmas he'll have about three weeks left of academics before he hits the "flight line." That's when things get crazy busy for him. So we use up our spare time watching The Walking Dead and learning the following songs on the guitar...

(introduced to me by kiki)

and this (if I ever get a piano, cough cough)


Have a good night! One week until I'm home.... and ten days till CHRISTMAS!


No comments:

Post a Comment

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...