Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Crafting!

They're done...
They're snowy...
THEY'RE MASON JAR SNOW GLOBES!

Here is Anthropologie's version I saw last month.... Here is my version made last night.

My supplies, all bought at Hobby Lobby. I love those fifty percent discounts....
this project was less than five dollars to make and I'm happy with the way they turned out.
  I molded some styrofoam to fit inside the jars, glued the trees in place, covered the base with crumbled styrofoam and tacky/glitter glue. Then I painted the trees with silver glitter glue and sprinkled them with the "snow" glitter. They looked perfectly frosted and fluffy! I added a few mini pinecones for extra cuteness.
 These other Christmas crafts kept me pretty busy last week. I made some pinecone ornaments and garland. I just love pinecones..,
Then I attempted a no sew ruffle tree skirt. I had only enough fabric for half of the skirt and the hot glue was highly irritating... but it turned out okay for now. I'll try again next year :)

 This morning Maze and I had a photo sesh. You're shocked, I know. She's just too cuteeeee.
 Then Jake and I put up some sparkly snowflakes. 
Our neighbors are all super into Christmas lights, so I attempted to do the same.
It was freeeezing but we did it! And we might do more tomorrow... watch out.

Happy Christmas folks!

2 comments:

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...