Tuesday, April 5, 2011

DATES!

Home again... I must say, Logan looks a lot greener today, which is pleasantly surprising because I was expecting snow. Idaho Falls was great. It went by quickly but we got in plenty of family and friend time, which was just was I needed! This month is going to be crazy town. 3 Musketeers, Easter, Finals, a little thing I like to call graduation and future planning... yikes. A month of school left. Now if the weather would just jump to the seventies and stay there, I might just have enough energy to survive.

As many of you already know, we FINALLY got our departure dates yesterday morning. I was not expecting it at all and when Jake got the call, I nearly vomited with anxiety and anticipation. The other pilots had received their MAY 9TH departure and I thought our fate would be the same, but nooooo.... we start training on SEPTEMBER 30TH! (that's my birthday) Whaaat? That's so late! And to top it off, Jake doesn't even start his actual program until May 2012? Uh...that's a full year after we graduate. So now I start freaking out. What in the world do we do from September to May? Do we have to do it in Oklahoma or can I just chill on some base in Cali for a while? Better yet, Hawaii? Oh and when are we suppose to have kids? This screws everything up.

So in an ideal world I probably would have a preferred a July or August date but September is MUCH better than next month. So now we're asking ourselves, what should we do for those five months? The possibilities are taking over my mind. The relief that came from finally knowing "our future" is now quickly replaced with "oh crap. five months is a long time. I need a job. I need a new apartment." Whatever happens, I am so thrilled to have these few months to attend every family holiday, see Al's baby, relax with my husband, and enjoy a summer at home. This next year will definitely be an interesting one... I know that no matter what happens, Heavenly Father has a plan for our family and ten years down the road I'll look back and realize why it happened this way. I just need to have patience. Easier said than done.

2 comments:

  1. Planning can be stressful, yet the future is exciting! I have a lot of anxiety going on in me right now. Will I get a job to support my husband that will be in school forever? I want kids soon after we get married, but that is a scary thought. Good luck Court. You are absolutely right, heavenly father has a plan, always keep that in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know what you'll do for those five months.... :) or at least for a week or so in those 5 months.

    ReplyDelete

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...