Saturday, April 24, 2010

Death Mask

So for our final project in Stage Makeup is to create a special effects project on our face, using a plaster mold. In order to do that I had to Vaseline my head, put a swim cap on and stick straws up my nose to breathe. Then... I get some Alginate poured on to my face. We had to cover it in paper mache and blow dry it on high heat. Pretty weird at first... I just hated the heat of the blow dryer. It made me pretty claustrophobic. The whole process takes about 30 minutes. I then had to pour Plaster of Paris into my mold and a few hours later... I have a hard copy of my lovely face! The end result is soon to come. Who will I become you ask..? Here's some clues. I live on Pandora, I fly big dragon-like flying horses around my planet.  I know you're struggling to figure it out. Don't worry.... you'll get it.



1 comment:

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...