Monday, December 7, 2009

Thanksgiving

Oh Idaho Falls... it seems like the most entertaining and stressful things happen when i return to this place I once called home. On our first night we slept on my mother's lovely basement floor. I was extremely tired and pretty grouchy (poor Jake) and i ended up waking up in the middle of the night to thousands of freaky sounds surrounding us (thats what happens when the house is historically old).

Jake is of course sound asleep while I'm about to die of terror, until suddenly he sits up saying "What?" Except he wasn't saying it to me. He was talking in his sleep again. Then he says... "Did you kill him?" Well this was lovely to hear while already sweating bullets thinking there are serial killers/rapists in the home. Needless to say the first night was interesting. We then moved to a bed but the noises stayed accompanied by a yippy little mutt my family calls Mason.

The rest of the week was filled with movies (saw Blindside twice), turkey, about 15 pies, my husband playing Halo, and a squirrel attacking the house. But we did get some fantastic Christmas decorations. Heaven bless anyone who lives in Idaho Falls.

Two loves. Barbeque Chicken Pizza (hold the onions) and Lauren's face in this picture.

sisterly love... notice the lack of makeup? beware of styes....


The incredible cooks.

The adorable children.

Many thanks to the lovely family and friends who made this holiday memorable. My heart and stomach were filled many times over.

1 comment:

  1. Don't stop blogging... leave that to me! I love staying up with you...

    ReplyDelete

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...