Sunday, June 15, 2014

eight months and a baby daddy






Happy Father's Day!

Can't believe we're in the middle of freakin June. Days rolls by here in a hot and hazy blur. Jake's been gone a lot, and he deploys in less than a month. Big sigh...

Nevertheless we're embracing summer and all of it's beauty. Like eating ice cream at least three times a day and taking walks to the park in the early morning before it gets hot.

Graham has turned into a chubby bundle of curiosity and teeth. He wants to eat and grab everything and his smile is the most hysterical thing I have seen. I catch myself constantly gawking at him in disbelief that he is, indeed, my child. He is the most brilliant mixture of Jake and I. Recently he has learned to clap and his grunting/spitting is back leading me to call him "Chunky Monkey". He continues to scoot and stand on his own, which means we have only a few moments left of limited mobility.

Naturally Jake is gone for his first Father's Day (as was I on Mother's Day) so we'll celebrate with him later, but I wanted to tell him how much I love him. He is such a cute papa. I know there is nowhere else he'd rather be than with us but he continues to serve his country with a big smile and a unfailing sense of humor. Thanks for working hard and allowing me to stay at home with our perfect creation. We have so many great years and fun parent moments ahead of us!

To read Jake's post about being a daddy click HERE

1 comment:

  1. I've been anxiously awaiting a blog update and this was worth it. I sure love that little Jack 'O Lantern smile and both of his parents that created him!

    ReplyDelete

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...