Monday, November 11, 2013

One Month/Due Date



week one
week two
 week three

Happy Due Date Graham Man.

Can't believe we've lived to see the one month mark. What a wild ride it's been so far! Can't say it's been easy. You're getting more and more fussy. It's extremely frustrating late at night when we just want to sleep and you just seem to be so unhappy. When we finally get you to sleep, you're the most adorable thing on the planet. You look so peaceful and plump. Then you cry and wake up an hour later.

We noticed that you love car rides and being bounced. You still haven't gotten the hang of your pacifier but we're working on it. You enjoy our evening walks to the park in the Ergo carrier. You prefer to be in the shower with daddy over the bath with mom. Some how you manage to get out of your swaddle wrap every time. I am super paranoid about your stomach issues. Every time I think I have it figured out, you mystify me once again.

Motherhood is hard. Really hard. I just wish you could talk to me and tell me what you need! Here's to hoping we can get through the next month... and the one after that. It'll be a long holiday season :) but I'm glad I get to spend it with you little buddy. Your exhausted mom and dad love you more than sleep. In fact, they love you more than anything.

Mom.

4 comments:

  1. Your a great little Mommy Court. So very proud of you. Thank you for taking such good care of my little baby bean. I love you so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! We are hopefully going home for Christmas so I let's be sure to meet up if we do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, here is what has worked for us :) I hope this can help give you three some relief and sleep!
    Gassy tummy: Before each feeding, you can give him some mylicon gas drops. This can help dissolve the bubbles in his tummy so they don't cause him pain in his gut later on. They make an off brand now of them. I bought my last set at target. Just ask for mylicon gas drops if you can't find them. Also for his gas, we give our babies a bath before bed (this soothes them and gets them ready to sleep) and then I massage them, either before or after the bath. Here is a great site on how to do this..http://www.parents.com/baby/care/newborn/how-to-massage-baby/ I mainly focus on his tummy. I'm telling you, you do this and it will sound like a gas explosion! Alot of the time, you'll even get some poop. The two moves I do most are the wagon wheel, and the I love you (might sound strange but if it works, do it!). At the end, you bend his knees, put his legs together, and gently push them up into his tummy. (I even gently press down on his tummy at the same time). As you know, a reason he is so uncomfortable is because of all the gas in his gut. His little body is just getting used to having food. It will get better!
    Swaddling: The only way I am able to swaddle and keep their arms in is with a thermal blanket. It has just enough stretch that you can get them good and snug. They were hard to find, but I found some at Toys R Us, and Kohls...both online. Just web search infant thermal blankets. I wrap him in one first, and then in a flannel one..because hello..it's Idaho so it's butt cold!
    I hope this can help you, or at least make sense :) At about a month, he may hit a growth spurt and can give you an extra hour or two. Love you Court. Call/text me if you need me to make sense out of this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And, to state the obvious...he is ADORABLE!!

    ReplyDelete

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...