Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Waiting

Brigham City's temple is no longer angel-less
As the days inch closer and closer towards our departure, the bigger that knot in my stomach grows. Excitement is turning into anxiety! There's a constant ticking of clock sounding our limited time here at home, it feels like the old Jake and Courtney are dying and the boring, lame, and responsible Jake and Courtney will soon take their place. Friendless. Alone. I know that it will be an amazing adventure for Jake and I but I can't help but feel terrified that we won't have anywhere to live and nothing to do (at least I wont). 4 WEEKS on the housing list and all we've done is go BACK two spots. We have been having such an amazing summer with family and friends, it's so hard to imagine leaving it all behind for a hotel room and a base full of strangers! Hopefully I can just calm down and let things happen as they should. I know Heavenly Father has a plan for us, I just need to let it happen without trying to control every minute of it. It will be fine.

Jake and I are going camping tonight with our besties Ally and Isaac. We've been dying for a Lava trip with them and it looks like it will work out after all! The only difference is we've never been camping with a newborn baby. Reagan... you're a tough baby girl, tonight I need you to show us that you can brave the outdoors with style.

4 comments:

  1. Courtney girl you are going to be fine. We picked up and moved to Des Moines 2 weeks ago, and although it is not Idaho, we are finding all kinds of new and exciting things. You will too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW....a mantra I often find myself saying over and over, "I can do hard things." It's going to be such an amazing journey where I am sure you will both experience a great deal of growth and learning. Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish the waiting list wasn't being so stressful for you. Things always seem to work out and they will. Call me and we can talk whenever!

    ReplyDelete

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...