Friday, December 6, 2013

an over tired boy who won't take a pacifier.




motherhood is one hundred times more difficult than I thought it would be.

maybe it's the hours spent consoling an over tired boy who you love so much it hurts, but that fact alone won't help him sleep. and he just screams and falls asleep, then five minutes later he's screaming again.

maybe it's the husband who serves his country and loves his wife but has to leave her for days and days. how I love him for sitting on the phone with me and listening to me sob for an hour because of the over tired boy.

maybe it's because of Christmas and it's the first one I won't spend with my family. I wish I could just drive to my mom's house when husband's away and let her watch over tired boy so I can take a hot bath. then we could all snuggle and watch Christmas Vacation in front of the tree by the fire.

maybe it's the freezing rain that greeted California hours after husband left. ain't no sunshine when he's gone. the chilled air makes my bones ache.

mothers, i applaud you.

tuesday, come faster.

5 comments:

  1. Been there....I feel ya!You are amazing! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how can I relate to this! Bedtime is at least an hour long battle every single night. Being a parent is hard work--especially when you're away from family. Wish I had some advice but I can only offer solidarity! Good thing babies are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Motherhood is the most exhausting, fulfilling, frustrating, and rewarding experience. It's seriously hits every extreme! It's hard. You have to learn. And not that it necessary gets easier, but I feel like I am filling out my skin as a mother and getting to know my child better helps me be better. But those hard days come and go. Luckily they know how to flip a switch some times and melt your heart! I think every mama needs her ME time, so I wish so badly you were near family (or I was there-- duh. I would love to snuggle that babe). Keep it up, lady! You are doing exceptionally well (yes, I can tell via social media). PS-- this talk/message has saved me time and time again: http://www.lds.org/pages/motherhood#

    Now ending marathon comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post blesses my heart. Everything you said touches me in that I am going through (almost) the exact same thing right now and you put into words everything I was feeling this past week . Thank you for sharing Courtney!

    Jillianne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh honey. I so wish I were closer to help you get a little break. Motherhood is the most exhausting but most rewarding experience you will ever have. I promise it's worth every sleepless night and frustrating day. And I also promise that relaxing hot bath you want and deserve. You'll be here soon and I'm kidnapping that little tired boy and letting his tired Momma recoup. I can't wait to see you and your two boys. Love you Court.

    ReplyDelete

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...