Monday, September 30, 2013

34 Weeks and a Birthday




These last two weeks have definitely been the hardest. 
Other than feeling big and awkward, I really couldn't complain, 
but then there was this one day last week where I tried walking a little more 
than usual... and bam. It felt like someone punched me in the baby maker. 
I kept waiting for it to wear off but it wouldn't and the pelvic pressure 
was enough to send me in to a "is this preterm labor" panic attack!
But it wasn't, and the pain didn't go away, it's still there, making it hard 
to walk anywhere or do anything... 

Needless to say I have a long few weeks in front of me. 
I really don't even know how he's fitting anymore! Because of the 
"pelvic pressure" I want to say he's riding real low 
but then I can feel him up in my rib business too.
He's taking up any ounce of space I have in me. 
It's a wonder I'm eating anything at all. 

Sooo that's all the complaining I have to do.... 
Jake and I had a wonderful birthday weekend. 
(other than the being in constant pain part) 
And I'm so grateful for the friends and family
 who reached out to wish me a happy 25th birthday! 
Can't believe I've hit the mid twenty mark. 
I embraced my last irresponsible birthday in 
the most selfish ways possible, indulging in some donuts
and Downton Abbey in bed,
then later with some chocolate cake and Breaking Bad! 
Things I'll surely miss later when I'm a mum. 

I don't know many people who can say the government and 
basically the world as we know it came to a screeching halt 
on their birthday. Let's hope for a somewhat peaceful
resolution shall we? 

4 comments:

  1. You look great! And its all worth it! And I can also kinda say that the government came to a screeching halt on their birthday! :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look adorable. Sorry for the pain, heard from some ladies it is worth it though ;) I am sure you know that! I am so exited to see what he looks like. I love Downton Abbey and that sounds like a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...