Sunday, May 12, 2013

to the mother I never met



Not long after I was born, my Grandma Olsen
passed away from many health complications. 
Although she had been gone for sometime before that, 
(probably preparing me for my arrival). 

Sometimes I think of my mom, younger than I, 
struggling to deal with being a new parent 
without having her own there to guide her. 
It's a loss I cannot imagine. 

I sat in church today listening to a man named Graham speak
of his wife who he had lost four years ago
and the four young girls she left behind.
I turned around and saw them all in tears, missing her.
My heart broke for them. How grateful I am for eternal families
and for my living, young and vibrant mother.

Happy Mothers day to a Mother unlike any other.
I know someday we'll all sit together and have 
long talks in heaven with Grandma Mary.
I know she's proud of the woman you've become. 

For last year's Mother Day post click HERE.


2 comments:

  1. Very well said Courtney! I would have loved to have a bonding relationship with grandma and am glad to have her legend live through each of our mothers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What else can I say but I love you. So does Grandma Olsen. Thank you for such a beautiful post honey.

    ReplyDelete

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...