Saturday, May 5, 2012

One year ago.




A year ago I put on one ugly black synthetic gown
and an awkward cap,
held my husband's hand and climbed the stairs to a stage
to celebrate the end of my college years.

I remember hating college. I hated the classes.
I hated the pressure.
Now, a year later, I wish I could go back.
I learned so much and met some amazing people in those four years.
Including my husband.

I miss the days of walking the quad and seeing the mountains in front of me.
I miss the silly conversations in the costume shop about reality TV.
I miss that sense of belonging and continuous learning. 

So for all of you students who pine for the day that you can take that diploma
 and flip Blackboard the big one, take heed.
You will miss it.

Desperately.

2 comments:

  1. oh Blackbored is better than CANVAS. Hands down! Miss you around girley! Hope Oklahoma is treating you kindley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Court....I know exactly how you feel! I can't believe its been two years for me and if I could - or even switch Josh and finish for him - I would!!! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...