Monday, November 1, 2010

Thanks

My sister Lauren gave a fantastic talk in church about gratitude yesterday. We weren't suppose to come but naturally Jake and I formed a stake out at her apartment and followed her to the correct church building... sneaky sneaky sneaky! It's always nice to be reminded about gratitude because it's definitely a weakness of mine to not show it. I get soo stressed about the smallest things and completely forget to notice the great things that happen to me daily. I am so worried about getting to class on time that I forget to notice the gorgeous colors outside, the lovely white Jetta I get to drive that belongs to me, the new music I'm listening to and the incredible mountains that are right in front of my face. I'm so exhausted every night from school and work that I forget to kneel down and pray and give thanks for the life I have, the husband I live with, the job I have, and the classes I get to take. What good does that do? How is that making life any easier? Seriously. I am incredibly blessed in so many ways and since it's November, the month of thanks, I am going to list something I'm grateful for every day.

This weekend was full of friends. Ally and Isaac were able to come for the entire weekend, and Sunday I received a surprise visit from my best friends Caitlin and Jess. I loved it! I am so grateful for friends that go out of their way to come spend time with me, I will miss them so much when I move far far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...