Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Maizey


I'm home after two months. TWO MONTHS. Good grief it's pretty surreal. My lawn is so dead. Fried. I left a sweet potato on top of the fridge that has grown sprouts at least four inches tall. Gross. As sweet as it is, my heart hurts not having Maizey with us. I knew seeing her stuff would be hard, it helps a little seeing Riley play with it.


One month ago she was involved in a car accident. It was early on a Saturday morning, my grandpa had taken her out to go to the bathroom when she saw a dog across the street. That's all I know. It was one of the top three worst moments of my life seeing her like that. There was nothing I could do and I'll never forget it. She was the perfect dog and I'll never be able to replace her, but I am so grateful for the three years of unconditional love she gave us.

Here are some things I'll miss about her....


-The way she'd curl her body when she got excited.

-The twitch in her back leg when she'd walk.

-How much she loveeeed the park and all of her friends.

-Chasing the birds, she was so so fast.

-Playing hide and go seek with dad.

- The way she'd jump in the bottom of my stroller instead of walking, lazy pup :)

-Snuggling in bed of course.


We miss you fluffy pup. Every day. Thanks for being there for me when I needed you most.



No comments:

Post a Comment

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...