Friday, March 5, 2010

The makings of a certain Georgian Jacket.

Hardest class I have this semester...? Pattern drafting. Yeah, lets take a girl who's hardly ever sewn and throw her into a class with some experienced and intelligent seamstresses who actually know what they're doing. Best idea I've ever had. The good thing about this situation is that I get free breakfast about twice a week and I get to work with a bunch of rather hilarious individuals who don't mind helping me out with EVERYTHING. Our first project for this class was to draft and build a Georgian style jacket for UST's production of "Loves Labors Lost". Nancy designed the piece and I was to build an exact replica of the drawing. This terrified me but I really had no choice. So along with some MAJOR help from my mentors I built this great jacket. So thank you Brandee and Amanda... I couldn't of done it without you. In fact, I couldn't of done anything without you. And although I needed so much help, I'm rather proud of myself for accomplishing and creating something I never thought I could do. Now I just can't wait to get really good at it! Fashion world here I come!









No comments:

Post a Comment

now. do it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...